Monday, September 13, 2010

September already?

Some how I completely missed August. School started. UNCW forgot to open my class for students to sign up for until the day before classes started. So I only have 11 students in my class. I like it, it's much more intimate. Lab is going well. I've decided not to teach another lab next semester. I've requested to just teach a lecture in the evenings. I've also decided not to take any classes. I could take two classes, teach, finish my project, and work full time to graduate next semester. That seems silly. The only reason anyone wants to finish in two years is so they can get a job and run off somewhere new. Since I'm sticking around I'm going to take my time. Makes sense to me.

I went to Florida to visit Colleen last month. It was a whirl wind trip but we had a lovely time. Her school is beautiful. We went on a car trip to a very cute little beach a couple hours away. We all had a great time.

Work is going fabulously. I'm finally moving along on my project with the students I'm taking to DC. We're creating a documentary on the effects of changing climates in the Cape Fear region. We're going to interview locals who have grown up in the area to talk about how they've seen things change in their lifetime. We're going to work with a lot of the different environmental agencies around. Especially the ones where I know people :-) I've applied for a grant to purchase a hi def video camcorder so we can do all the filming ourselves. I'm getting really excited about the project. I've already got our group signed up for an eco tour on a boat up the Cape Fear River. I love my job. My office is finally painted (teal) and I just bought a beautiful fish to go on the wall.

I've finally buckled down and decided to have my college tshirts turned into a quilt. I'm using Campus Quilts to have it done. The results are lovely and it's silly to keep putting this off. I've been talking about this since before I graduated the first time. So if anyone is thinking of doing the same thing check them out here.

So that's a quick and dirty update. I'm going to the Panthers/Buccs game this weekend with my friend Sarah, I've thought about wearing my Bears jersey just because. Then the next weekend a couple of my good friends are coming down for the weekend. It should be great! For now though, I need to put together some powerpoints for tomorrow night and start working on their review sheet for the first test next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment